Saturday, March 6, 2010
Baked this banana bread yesterday and it's my 2nd attempt of baking bread. The bread was soft and not too sweet..really goes well with a cup of coffee or tea.
Firstly I was worried to try baking bread again coz first bread-green tea bread with chocolate chips turned out not what I expected (I'm still feel like baking it again and will post the 2 versions of before and after here..LOL)
Special thanks to my friend who gave me advices when I faced the problem with kneading the dough :)
Bread Flour 250 g.
All Purpose Flour 50 g.
Yeast 1 1/4 tsp.
Sugar 2 tbsp.
Salt 1/2 tsp.
Egg (Beaten) 25 g.
Mashed banana 150 g. (add a little bit of lime juice)
Milk 50 g.
Butter 40 g.
- Mixed all the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl
- Mixed all the wet ingredients together in another bowl and pour it in to the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix till combine and no more flour then add in butter
- Knead till get the dough and elastic and take the dough out to form a ball. Put in the grease bowl and wrap with cling film. Let the dough proof for 1 hour or double in size.
- Punch down the dough to get out of the air and form as you prefer / after that let the dough proof for another 45 mins-1 hour
- Brush with egg wash and bake at 175 c for 20-25 mins
Remarks: If the dough is very soft and hard to handdle, add a bit more of flour when shaping the dough.