Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Blueberry Muffin (Recipe from Kitchenaid Mixer Cookbook)
Don't you think baking blueberry muffin is very simple? Actually it's not so simple as many people think coz there are so many things to concern during the baking process such as "do not over mix the batter" " how to get nice dome on top" "amount of the batter in muffin pan" "temperature" etc.
There are so many recipes of baking blueberry muffins which you just search it by google. For me, I do prefer making the muffins with canola oil coz I feel that oil can help the muffin to keep moisture in muffin texture than the butter. Since I have started making muffins I always use the recipes which has oil in the ingredient lists and never even look at the recipes which have butter until I got this book "Kitchenaid Mixer Cookbook". I had got this book in the same time that my hubby bought me my lovely Pink Kitchenaid on our anniversary last year. It's one of free gifts with the mixer but I had never tried any recipes in this cookbook till last week. Due to I bought 1 packet of fresh blueberries and I felt craving muffin badly I also did not know why... I could be when I think of blueberry, it must be blueberry muffins!
Looked to the recipe in the book made me hesitate. They use butter which is not my muffin type but I also felt like trying to bake something from the book. Of course I made a right decision... Though I omitted some ingredients but the muffins were great! Moist & Nice taste :P My experiment this time I only halved the recipe which really not enough LOL. So if you guys think of baking blueberry muffins, try to use this recipe and you will know...............................!
Blueberries 275 g.
Plain flour 225 g.
Baking powder 2 1/2 tsp.
Salt 1/2 tsp.
Ground nutmeg 1/4 tsp.*
Caster sugar 175 g.
Milk 175 ml.
Unsalted butter 115 g.
Grated rind of 1 orange*
Vanilla essence 1 tsp.
Granulated sugar 50 g.
Ground nutmeg 1/4 tsp.*
According to the book, have to use mixer to do and I only used fork to mix the batter instead of mixer.
1. Preheat oven 190C and line muffin tin with paper cases
2. Mash about 50 g. of the blueberries with fork (or potato masher). Sieve the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg in the bowl then add sugar stir till combine and make well in the middle
3. Stir Milk, Eggs, Melted butter, Orange rind, Vanilla to combine then pour to the sieved flour add in mashed blueberries and the remaining blueberries.
4. Use fork to mix all ingredients for 30 seconds
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins almost filling to the top and sprinkle over with granulated sugar
6. Bake for 20-25 mins
Source: The Ultimate Mixer Cookbook by Kitchenaid