Sunday, June 20, 2010
Homemade Pizza .... Fast & Easy Pizza
Making my own pizza never really crossed my mind till the day my hubby who always like to eat pizza asked me to order coz he was craving for pizza since we never eaten for long time. It made me thought of "Why not I make for him?" and immediately told him that I can make my own pizza!
That night he drove me to buy some ingredients and I was surfing the internet the whole night. There are so many homemade pizza dough recipes and I was interested in the one in Martha Stewart's website which sounds really easy to make but the dough is too much for only 2 of us to finish in one time and I did not like to keep so much things in the fridge. So I was searching recipe again and came across this blog-oneuponaplaterecipes, it caught my attention seriously coz her topic is showing "Fast PIzza Dough". After looked through the recipe and method, I decided to go for this recipe coz it's super easy to do but with some modifications I got a thicker crust pizza than her. For me my crust is just nice not too thin and not such a thick crust pizza as well. Furthermore the pizza edge was crispy, that what our favorite part! We were enjoyed this homemade pizza a lot even my hubby told me to make this homemade pizza every Sunday :)
Fast & Easy Pizza Dough
All purpose flour 160 g.
ATTA flour 50 g. (You can substitute with whole meal or whole wheat flour as your preference)
Dry yeast 2 1/4 tsp.
Honey 1/2 tsp.
Warm water 3/4 cup
Salt 1/2 tsp.
Olive oil 1 tbsp.
Semolina flour for dusting
1. Pour honey into the warm water stir till combine then dissolve dry yeast in the water
2. Combine two flours with salt in the mixing bowl pour the yeast water to the dry ingredient and knead with dough hook till it forms a dough.
3. Add in olive oil and continue to knead till the dough not so sticky to the bowl *At this state you can add extra flour to the dough just to let the dough not sticky to the side of the bowl probably 2-3 tbsp.
4. Knead for 10-15 mins and don't worry that the dough still sticky not smooth. Just take out the dough from the bowl and put on the greased pizza tray 10" (I used back of 10" square tray). Dust the dough with semolina flour and flatten the dough in to disc form till get the same size of your tray and let the edge of the dough is thicker than the middle
5. Use fork to poke all over the dough surface and lightly spread with pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce except the edge area. Put topping as you like and cheese
6. Bake the pizza in the preheat oven 260C for 10-12 mins *Make sure that your oven is in the temperature before putting in the pizza)
Remarks: If you prefer thin crust, just divide the dough into 2 portion and work each portion for your pizza.
*Adapted from http://onceuponaplaterecipes.blogspot.com/2009/11/fast-thin-and-crispy-crust-pizza.html