Thursday, July 22, 2010
Double Chocolate Cupcake (Donna Hay's Recipe)
Though I had finished up this Double Chocolate Cupcakes but I'm still in chocolate mood!
I baked these Double Chocolate Cupcakes last Friday and I was greatful that I chose the right recipe to try this time. There are so many interesting Donna Hay's recipes in my bake lists which I found from www.donnahay.com.au But this cupcake recipe was published on her magazine.
Firstly, I wanted to frost the cupcakes with chocolate ganache. Once I tasted the plain cupake, I felt that cream cheese frosting seem to be better choice. So I dicided to frost 4 cupcakes and the rest were plain.
I'm proudly to tell you that 12 pcs. were eaten by me and my husband in 3 days, will you believe me?
Double Chocolate Cupcakes by Donna Hay
Sugar 3/4 cup
Salted butter 125 g.
All purpose flour 1 cup
Cocoa powder 1/4 cup (Valrhona cocoa powder is recommended)
Baking powder 1 1/2 tsp.
Milk 1/2 cup
Vanilla 1 tsp.
Dark chocolate (Melted) 150 g.
1. Preheat the oven 160C and prepare 12 muffin liners in muffin tray
2. Sieve flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and set aside
3. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla till light and fluffy (approx. 10 mins) Add the eggs one a time and beating well after each addition
4. Add dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with milk. With each addition, beat the ingredients are incorporated.
5. Fold in melthed chocolate into the batter and spoon the batter into the muffin liners. Filling 3/4 full and bake for 20 mins
*Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
"Rich and flavorful of chocolate" is the good description for these cupcakes and you will easily falling in love once you taste it.