Saturday, September 18, 2010
I'm still have some bake stuffs which I haven't posted here and this also 1 in the lists. This Bananas Cake recipe has the ingredient which is called Pisang bananas. Seriously in my country we don't have this type of banana what I know there are 3 kinds of banana that I know in my life. I searched information about this banana on internet and known that there are so many types of banana in the world. This Pisang banana you can easily find in Malaysia and this is the reason you also easily find in Singapore. My mother in law likes to eat bananas and she always buy Pisang bananas home and this is why I had a chance to make this recipe.
The recipe was from The Little Teochew's blog (Thank you for sharing a good recipe) and with my adjustment in some parts... here is the recipe:
Cake flour 125 g.
Baking powder 1/2 tsp.
Baking soda 1/2 tsp.
Salt 1/4 tsp.
Caster sugar 90 g.
Egg (large) 1
Canola oil 90 g.
Evaporated milk 30 g.
Pisang bananas (mashed) 3
(you can substitute with 1 big size banana)
Vanilla extract 1/2 tsp.
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside
2. Beat egg and sugar with whisk till light and fluffy
3. Add evaporated milk, oil, vanilla and mashed bananas into the egg mixture stir till combine
4. Gently fold in sifted flour to the wet ingredients (Do not over-mix)
5. Pour into 7" round baking tin lined with parchment paper (Don't have to grease the tin) and bake at 175C for 35 mins or till it's cooked
For my opinion, I like banana cake which have oil in the ingredient coz it give a soft and light texture for the cake specially If you eat in the next day you will be pleased even more....