Monday, September 27, 2010
Double Soft Bread
Whenever I see the bread recipe which has whipping cream in the ingredient lists, I always keen on trying to bake :)
This time I chose this recipe coz I never baked bread which not using sugar ... it uses honey to give the sweetness. It sounded interesting for me coz I just got one bottle of organic honey. Firstly I saw this bread through one blogger "Mybakingcottage" she described the bread till I did not hesitate to try also there was another reason to support me once I saw the original recipe on "Warm Sweet Home's Blog" I was so excited about all her breads ... they look totally yummy :P At the end I thought it's better to follow the original recipe but when I started measurement the ingredients I realized that I did not have enough bread flour so I had to add cake flour to make the right amount also I reduced the amount of salt and increased whipping cream ... the rest I followed the original recipe.
For the final result, I got such a great cotton soft bread. It's great to eat plain or toasted also go well with any kinds of spread.
Here is my version:
Double Soft Bread
Bread flour 290 g.
Cake flour 30 g.
Dry yeast 6 g.
Salt 4 g.
Egg 32 g.
Water 160 g.
Whipping cream 35 g.
Honey 22 g.
Butter 16 g.
1. Mix all dry ingredients in the mixing bowl with electric mixer (dough hook) on low speed for 1 min.
2. Mix all wet ingredients (honey, whipping cream and water) and stir till combine in a small bowl then pour into the dry ingredients when the electric mixer still on at low speed. Once it starts to form a dough then increase to medium speed and continue kneading for 5 mins and add in soft butter to the dough
3. Knead the dough till smooth and elastic (approximately 15-20 mins) and turn the dough out to the lightly floured surface to from round shape put into greased bowl then wrap with cling film to proof for 45 mins - an hour or until double in size
4. Punch down to release the air and divide the dough into 3 equal portions then form the round shape. Wrap with cling film to let the dough to rest for 5 mins
5. Roll out each dough to rectangular shape then roll it up like swiss roll and put the doughs in greased loaf pan then wrap with cling film. Proof the dough till become double in size
5. Brush the top with egg wash (1 beaten egg+1 tbsp water mix together) and topped with white sesame. Bake in preheat oven at 200C for 10 mins the reduce the temperature to 175C for another 20 mins
Special thanks: Warm Sweet Home's Blog and My Baking Cottage's Blog for sharing such a great recipe and gave some inspiration to me