Monday, October 11, 2010
Banana Bread with Raisins (Super moist & soft)
Many bloggers or bakers definitely know her "Martha Stewart" and she is one of my favorite baker. I have been following her website since even before I started baking. I do like her Wedding magazine as well coz there are so many beautiful ideas and crafts which make me enjoyed reading her magazine. For what I said, I noted many of her recipes in my bible and it's time to choose one to try :)
If you see my blog there are a few Banana Bread recipes which I baked before. In Martha Stewart's website, there also many banana recipes and the famous one is Banana Bread which a lot of people who tried this recipe and agreed it's the best. The secret ingredient to keep the bread is moist and soft, you have to use sour cream. I never tried making quick bread with sour cream before and it sounds interesting for me. Besides of quick bread recipe, her Banana Cupcakes recipe sounds not bad too coz it seem very easy just need 1 bowl to do. Well I couldn't decide..... and I end up to mix both of Banana Bread and Banana Cupcakes recipes to get this version.....
Banana Bread with Raisins
All purpose flour 1 1/2 cups
Baking powder 1 tsp
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Sugar 3/4 cups
Salt 1/4 tsp
Melted unsalted butter 110 g
Mashed bananas 3
Sour cream 1/2 cup (I substituted with 2 tsp of lemon juice plus whipping cream to make 1/2 cup)
Vanilla 1 tsp
Raisins 20 g
1. Take 1 tbsp of flour to coat the raisins and set aside
2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar in the mixing bowl by whisk and make a well in the centre
3. In another bowl, mix all liquid ingredients together then pour into dry ingredients and mix till combine "Do not over mix"
4. Add in raisins mix till well incorporated and pour the batter into greased loaf pan
5. Bake in preheat oven 175C approximately 1 hour
I was surprised that the bread turned out very perfect! Soft and moist quick bread which I never had. You will absolutely change the idea of dry and hard quick bread if you try this recipe.