Sunday, December 26, 2010
Baked this cookies for my relatives for XMAS last weekend. The feedback is very good coz some said the cookies like Famous Amos and some said they are better than hotel cookies. I never expected all these complimentary since they gave me great feedback I think of sharing the recipe here. Hope this will be another selection for you who is looking for cookie recipe to bake during this greeting season.
This cookie is not crispy type. It's more soft and chewy that what the original recipe mentioned. But the time I baked I got both of crispy and chewy type, it depends on how long you bake your cookies. For chewy & soft, it should be around 10-12 mins for small size of cookie dough. If you prefer crispy, it's better to bake longer approximately 15 mins. One more thing to mention, I used dark chocolate which cut into chunks to mix in the cookie dough but you can use chocolate chips as well. Here is the recipe in my version....
Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
All purpose flour 220 g.
Baking powder 1/2 tsp.
Baking soda 1/2 tsp.
Brown sugar 175 g.
Sugar 30 g.
Vanilla 2 tsp.
Salted butter 113 g.
Dark chocolate 150-170 g. (cut into chunks)
1. Sift flour, baking powder & baking soda and set aside.
2. Beat butter, sugar & brown sugar till light and fluffy (1-2 mins) then add in egg and vanilla. Mix for about 2 mins till well combined
3. Stop the mixer and divide flour to 3 portions. Add in the flour (1st portion) to the butter mixture and fold till incorporated. Add in the flour (2nd portion) and do the same step to mix with the dough and add in the rest of the flour. You will get a sticky cookie dough. Last, add in chocolate chunks to the cookie dough and mix well.
4. Use the ice cream scoop to get the same size of cookie dough and place on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate the cookie dough for 10-15 mins before bake in the preheat oven at 170C for 10-15 mins.
Remarks: Refrigerate the cookie dough before baking will help the cookie keeps in shape not spread out too much.
Special Thanks: Khun Pui (Puppadoowab at Bloggang.com) for the original recipe of Chewy Chocolate Chips Cookies
Saturday, December 4, 2010
It feel like I am in an easy mode .... that why I came out with baking this basic muffin recipe. I got so many muffin recipes in my list and I still keep trying new recipes with my interest. It's pretty fun and more exciting when you are trying to do new thing. Honestly, I have baked this recipe only 2 times with very good result both and just want to share with you guys how easy of making muffins. Let me share this super easy muffin recipe with you....
The Nothing Muffins (Basic Muffin Recipe)
Yield 6 standard size muffins
All purpose flour 110 g.
Baking powder 2 tsp.
Salt 1/4 tsp.
Sugar 1/2 cup
Melted butter 55 g.
Milk 1/2 cup
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl (you can just use fork to stir to combine all ingredients) and make a well in the middle.
2. Pour milk into melted butter then follows by egg and use fork to stir all liquid ingredients to combine.
3. Add in the liquid ingredient to dry ingredient and using fork stir just to combine but do not over mix. Pour the batter into muffin pan lined with muffin cases. You have to fill the batter almost full to get a nice dome muffin.
4. Bake in preheat oven 190C for 15-20 mins
*Remarks: If you prefer to add some dried fruits, nuts or chocolate chunk or chocolate chip I suggest to put them with flour and stir to combine then you can add in liquid ingredient afterward.
Looking for something easy and less thing to wash after baking, this recipe is a must for you to try. Enjoy!
Special Thanks: Muffin Mania's Book which gave me an idea of this basic muffin recipe