Monday, May 9, 2011
Cakey Brownies or Brownies In Butter Cake Style
I believe that most of you who are bakery lovers will love to have brownies. Brownie is one of my family favorite dessert and I bake it very often especially when I have no idea what to bake other than muffins.
Easy, Quick & Good Taste can be good reasons why many bakers keen on baking brownies even people who just started baking. This time I got a chance to try this recipe which is different than other brownie recipes coz It's kind of cakey brownie. It seem hardly to find the cakey brownie recipe either in the book or internet. Fortunately, I got it through one Thai forum and tried making them 3 times in one week since It was a hit in my family and friends. I'm sure you will never regret trying this recipe if you are looking for fluffy and cakey brownies like chocolate cake!
The below recipe had been adjusted to fill up my 8 inches square pan.
Cakey Brownie or Brownies in Butter Cake Style
Unsalted butter 200 g.
Icing 200 g.
Cake flour 120 g.
Baking powder 2 g.
Salt 2 g.
Cocoa powder 20 g.
Eggs 4 g.
Vanilla 1/2-1 tsp. (Added from the original recipe)
Sliced almond or chopped almond for topping
1. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder then set aside.
2. Beat the butter and icing till smooth and fluffy then gradually add egg once at time (I always beat eggs and vanilla together before slowly pour into the mixing bowl to prevent the butter and egg separated).
3. Divide flour into 2 portions and add each portion to the batter and mix well.
4. Pour the batter into 8 inches square pan which has been greased and lined with parchment paper then smooth the top of the batter and sprinkle sliced almond or chopped almond.
5. Bake in preheat oven at 160C for 25-30 mins
Special Thanks: Khun Just Relax from pantip website who kindly posted the original recipe