Monday, October 31, 2011
Green Tea Chocolate Marble Bread (1st Attempt)
It's time to update my post since I was busy and lazy to make new post for 3 months!
Just baked this delicious bread yesterday, I modified from the original recipe by adding green tea powder in the main dough to make this bread in 2 combinations of green tea & chocolate flavor. Though I was not pleased with the result 100% coz the I braided the dough a bit lose and I turned wrong side in some parts but the bread came out fine with a good taste. I could not resist to try once it came out from the oven and end up with eating a few slices when it's still warm.
My DH doesn't like sweet bread but for this recipe he told me that "It's great!" I will definitely made this bread again maybe in different flavor and hope my skill will be better to get a perfect one ^^
Green Tea Chocolate Marble Bread
Dark chocolate 50 g.
Unsalted butter 20 g.
Bread flour 20 g.
Coco powder 10 g.
Cornstarch 5 g.
Sugar 20 g.
Warm milk 60 g.
Large egg white 1
1. Melt dark chocolate with butter in the microwave then stir till smooth
2. Mix bread flour, coco powder, cornstarch and sugar together. Pour in warm milk stir till incorporate then add in egg white still well.
3. Put the mixture on slow fire and keep stirring till the mixture came out from the pot and look like a soft dough then set aside to cool down to room temperature.
4. Place the chocolate mixture between 2 pieces of cling film and roll out to get square shape in size 18x18 cm. put into the fridge.
Bread flour 300 g.
Yeast 4 g.
Sugar 27 g.
Milk powder 10 g.
Green tea powder 1 tsp.
(I don't want my bread to look too green so I added only 1 tsp and the color is just nice.)
Salt 3/4 tsp.
Large egg yolk 1 plus water and measure to get 200 g.
Unsalted butter 24 g.
1. Mix bread flour, yeast, sugar, milk powder & green tea powder in the mixing bowl. Then add in the rest of the ingredients except butter.
2. Use the dough hook to knead with medium speed till it forms a dough. Add in butter and keep kneading till get a smooth and elastic dough.
3. Wrap with cling film to proof the dough in double size for 45-50 mins.
4. Punch down the dough to release the air out and roll out to get square shape in size 25x25 cm. and take out the chocolate sheet to place on the middle. Seal in likes envelop.
5. Roll out to rectangle shape in size 18x36 cm. then make three fold (same like you're making puff pastry dough). Wrap with cling film and put in the fridge for 20 mins.
5. Take out from the fridge to roll out to rectangle shape in size 18x36 cm. then make two fold and wrap with cling film and put in the fridge for 20 mins.
6. Take out from the fridge to roll out to rectangle shape in size 18x36 cm. then make two fold and cut it out in lengthwise into 3 parts to braid the dough and place in a greased loaf pan. Wrap with cling film and proof the dough for 45-50 mins.
7. Bake in preheat oven 170C for 30-35 mins.
Special Thanks: Khun Ya for sharing a delicious recipe.