Monday, April 23, 2012
Mixed Fruits Banana Muffins
Found out the bananas which had been sitting the the freezer for a month, I could not think of what to make and finally ended up with making these muffins.
If you noticed my blog, I have many recipes that related about banana. This time I chose the recipe from Nigella Lawson's website which I baked it long time back in mini banana muffins http://thesweetmaison.blogspot.com/2010/05/mini-banana-chocolate-chunk-muffins.html Due to I'm storing a lot of dried cranberries, dried apricots and black raisins so I guessed It will be good to add them in for this time.
The combination of banana cake / quick bread / muffin will never go wrong with adding fresh fruit or dried fruit. The recipe is very easy and not many main ingredients required also fast to mix and bake. Hope it will be another idea for you when thinking of baking banana muffins with low in calories :)
Mixed Fruits Banana Chocolate Muffins
Yield 12 pcs. of standard muffin size
Mashed ripe bananas 3
Canola Oil 125 ml.
Vanilla 1 tsp.
All purpose flour 250 g.
Sugar 100 g.
Bicarbonate of soda 1/2 tsp.
Baking powder 1 tsp.
Salt 1/8 tsp. (added from the original recipe)
Dried cranberries 50 g. (chop into small pieces)
Dried apricots 50 g. (chop into small pieces)
Black raisins 50 g.
1. Combine canola oil, eggs and vanilla set aside
2. Whisk flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt together in a mixing bowl then add in dried fruits. Stir just to coat dried fruits with flour and make well in the centre.
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix till just combined (Do not over mix) then add mashed banana mix till combined.
* The batter will look lumpy not smooth.
4. Scoop the batter into muffin pan lined with paper liners and baked in preheat oven 180C with fan function or 200C without fan for 20 mins