Yesterday, I was craving for some chocolate desserts. Firstly, I wanted to make Chocolate Fudge Cake but then felt lazy to do more things then ended up with muffin as usual.
I'm not sure did I mention before in my blog that I do love baking with buttermilk. Whatever recipes I saw if they require buttermilk as one of the ingredient, I will probably mark down as a must try recipe and I never regret of the result same as these muffins.
These muffins was moist, not too dense, not too sweet and provide a great chocolate flavor. I felt the taste is close to my brownie muffin http://thesweetmaison.blogspot.sg/2010/07/brownie-muffins.html which I love but these muffin is more soft and moist. By the way, both of them suit who is Chocolate Lover and very easy to make. I should not say anything much but I believe if you try baking them, you will feel the same as me.
Buttermilk Chocolate Muffins
Yield 12 standard size muffin or 6 big size paper cups like mine in the photo
Unsalted butter 100 g.
Dark Chocolate 125 g.
Buttermilk 100 g.
All purpose flour 175 g.
Cocoa powder 15 g.
Baking powder 1 tsp.
Baking soda 1 tsp.
Salt 1/2 tsp.
Sugar 50 g.
Brown sugar 50 g.
Chocolate chips 100 g.
1. Melt butter and put dark chocolate, stir till get them incorporate and set aside to make the mixture cool down to room temperature.
2. Add buttermilk and beaten eggs to chocolate mixture, stir to combine.
3. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Add in 2 typs of sugar and stir to combine.
4. Make a well in the middle of dry ingredient then pour the wet ingredient and mix till incorporate. Do not over mix because the muffins might be very dense.
5. Divide some chocolate chips for sprinkle and the rest add in the batter, stir to combine.
6. Scoop the batter into the muffin pan lined with paper cases equally and sprinkle some chocolate chips on top. Bake in the preheat oven at 175C for 20-25 mins.
Special Thanks: bisousatoi.com for sharing a good recipe